Having quality doors on your home can help improve energy efficiency and thermal control which will help save you money on your energy bills. Not only will our quality doors save you money on your energy bills but they will also save you money due to lasting for many years without needing to be repaired or replaced.At ALDA, we hold a large variety of high-quality fiberglass doors. All of our doors have fantastic features that make them more energy-efficient, durable, and aesthetically pleasing. In this article, we’re going to highlight 4 awesome features that come with our fiberglass doors.
1. UPVC Welded Frame with Full Aluminum Reinforcement
UPVC or Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride is a building material that is often used as a wood substitute. It is sometimes used for window frames and sills but is also a great material for doors.UPVC is used for doors for a number of reasons. One of UPVCs biggest advantages is that it never needs to be painted and it is very easy to maintain. Some of the other notable reasonsUPVC is used for doors are:
- Hot temperature does no warp it so it will not be affected by hot weather and will last longer
- It is BPA-free, making it hygienic and safe
- The material is recyclable so it won’t end up in landfills
- Lasts for many, many years making it a great investment
- UPVC is resistant to chemical erosion so it won’t pollute the environment or break down over time.
- UPVC doors are much more affordable and easy to produce than other materials
2. Fiberglass Panel
Fiberglass panels are made from strong polyester resin reinforced with glass fibre. The surface that is created from this process is scratch-resistant and stain-resistant, making it perfect for an entry door that has a lot of use.On top of being scratch and stain resistant, fiberglass panels have many other benefits that make it optimal for use on doors. Some other benefits include:
- Easily maintained, only requiring a pressure washer or steam cleaning ever
- Fiberglass panels are lightweight, making doors using them easy to install
- Panels coated in fiberglass are resistant to chemicals.
- They are very resistant to high impact, allowing them to last for many years while still looking great
- Fiberglass panels protect the door, extends its life in the process
- They are resistant to the growth of mould
- When covering a metal door with fiberglass panels, the metal surface is resistant to rusting
3. Weeped Sill with Offset Drainage Channels
Weep sills are small square holes on doors made to drain water out of the door and prevent airflow from entering your home. These are made so that water doesn’t leak into your own while allowing airflow to go through the door rather than into the home.
4. Foam Compression Weather Stripping
Weatherstripping is the process of sealing any opening that a door may have to prevent any water or air from getting into the home. Using foam compression for this process provides many extra benefits including:
- Extra insulation to prevent any air or water from seeping through
- Extra strength so the weatherstripping last longer
- Increases the homes overall energy efficiency to save money on energy bills
These are some benefits you can expect when you purchase a fiberglass door from ALDA Windows and Doors. Our doors will improve your home’s energy efficiency and curb appeal. We have a large selection of doors that come in a variety of styles and colours so finding one that will perfectly suit your home is easy.Beyond our fiberglass doors, our collection of entry doors includes patio doors and steel doors. We have something for everyone. Browse our collection or call us today at (416) 807-4242 for your free estimate.